At Fabian Society New Year conference 2017
Saturday, 14 January 2017 | Friends House, 173-177 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BJ
- Stella Creasy MP (Walthamstow) – 20.08mins
- Wayne David MP (Caerphilly) – 15.22mins
- Katie Ghose (chief executive, Electoral Reform Society) – 5.59mins
- Richard Angell (director, Progress) – 10.29mins
- Deborah Mattinson (founder, Britain Thinks) – 1.50mins
A new prime minister, a new president, a new relationship with Europe… and a divided Labour party. After a tumultuous 2016, our January conference looks ahead to a critical year for the UK and asks where next for Britain, and where next for the British left? The morning will focus on the big challenges facing the left: what we believe, who we speak to, and how we win. The afternoon sessions will examine the global dilemmas we face: populism, globalisation and the age of Brexit and Trump. The conference will feature keynote speeches, panel debates and interactive delegate discussions.