At Fabian Society New Year conference 2017
Saturday, 14 January 2017 | Friends House, 173-177 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BJ
- Jon Ashworth MP (Leicester South & shadow health secretary) – 15.34mins
- Kate Green MP (Stretford & Urmston & chair, Fabian Society) – 9.40mins
- Richard Angell (director, Progress) – 3.38mins
- Ellie Mae O’Hagan (freelance journalist) – 21.26mins
- Chair: Cllr Sue MacMillan (cabinet member, Hammersmith & Fulham Council)
A new prime minister, a new president, a new relationship with Europe… and a divided Labour party. After a tumultuous 2016, our January conference looks ahead to a critical year for the UK and asks where next for Britain, and where next for the British left? The morning will focus on the big challenges facing the left: what we believe, who we speak to, and how we win. The afternoon sessions will examine the global dilemmas we face: populism, globalisation and the age of Brexit and Trump. The conference will feature keynote speeches, panel debates and interactive delegate discussions.
UPDATE: A blog on the theme on my speech was published by the Fabian Society on Monday 16 January 2017.